You may have noticed Fizgiggery’s new header, in celebration of the new year! In addition to slowly mastering the basics of Photoshop Elements, I’ve been doing a little bit of premature spring cleaning. I don’t usually set myself new year’s resolutions, but it’s made me think about what I want to achieve this year.
Here’s the [Bucket -- if the Mayans prove right!] list of 12 goals for 2012:
1. Find a charming place to live. Must be large dog-friendly — none of that “oh, we’re dog-friendly, as long as your pooch is under 25 lbs” boolsheet. I’m dreaming of a 2-bedroom cottage in an artsy neighbourhood near Balboa Park, like South Park, North Park, Normal Heights, Hillcrest.
2. Pursue an education in Graphic Design / Web Design. So far I’m self-taught, and I want to learn basic principles and fill in the gaps in my knowledge. Hey, it might even boost my earning potential too!
3. Start exercising AND learn to look forward to it. As I’m 6′ (184cms) tall, my weight has never been an issue (*ducks*) but it’s things like stamina, osteoporosis, and flexibility that make me think about starting some sort of beastly regimen.
4. Help my dog be calmer. Banjo is highly-strung and suffers from isolation distress, which is different to separation anxiety. (SA has more to do with being separated from a specific person, whereas ID is more like a panic attack due to being left alone.) Some things I want to explore include Ttouch, Reiki, and clicker training.
5. Create more jewellery and re-stock my neglected Etsy store.
6. Start painting again. I’m dreaming of finishing my painting of the Venetian skyline, that is a 60″x40″ canvas currently in storage on Long Island…
7. Learn to take better photographs within the limitations of my camera. Which only goes up to F-8.0. Bugger. (Otherwise, I think the Canon G11 is pretty rad.)
8. Practice living in the moment, made easier by neither dwelling on the past nor worrying about the future.
9. Visit my mum, step-dad, and sister in Spain. It’s been more than 18 months since I was last in mi patria, the longest I’ve ever been away. And it’s been almost as long since I last spent time with my family. That’s too long!
10. Keep expanding my culinary repertoire. Tomato-free vegetarian recipes! Lamb Rogan Josh!
11. Read more offline… If you’re reading this, I’m sure I don’t have to explain why!
12. Discover “My” San Diego — I want to find a community of like-minded people:
If any of the above sounds like you, let’s talk!